- Assists in the hiring, training, evaluation of team members; including managing conflict resolution, administering of performance reviews and documenting disciplinary or performance issues through the use of a performance improvement plan.
- Coordinates and directs the work of team members; establishing designer priorities and schedules based on date-driven customer-focused project requirements, as well as, performing tasks related to mechanical design as outlined on the Mechanical Designer job description.
- Ensures the drawings and designs are completed on time and on budget, while adhering to the established specifications, standards and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between team members and the rest of the organization; coordinating the design effort with the engineering team and project managers, as well as, supporting the resolution of manufacturing issues related to the design department.
- Oversee, monitor, and coordinate team member activities, giving importance to individual member's and overall team's achievement of established goals.
- Ensures team's goals are aligned with and representative of the overall company's directive, relying on extensive experience to provide leadership and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Assists in controlling departmental costs; recommending means to reduce costs and improve efficiency and product quality.
- Assist in the verification of the accuracy and organization of design documents and files.
- Verify that documents are properly issued from the design department through the use of ECNs.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of standard design practices, internal guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in team-related design reviews and product development meetings.
- Provide status reporting of team activities against the project budget or schedule, as well as established departmental metrics.
- Assists in the development of design labor estimate for proposals.
- Assist in the coordination of the design capacity plan with fellow team leaders and the design supervisor.
- Travel to customer job sites and/or worldwide manufacturing facilities as required.
- Execute other duties as required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed