As a Lead Field Service Technician, you will perform installations, repairs and preventative maintenance of ABEC and other equipment as directed. Tasks may include the following: Fit, assembly, and disassembly of precision components; diagnose electrical and mechanical system problems and issues; replace all required maintenance items, test components, and verify all repaired items; recommend changes to improve efficiency.
In addition to your work at customer locations, Lead Field Service Technicians also assist in the manufacturing functions, such as assembling components on projects, support start up and equipment installation, and assist with the training of new hires. Help form a team that can properly execute the project per the customer’s wishes. Act as a liaison between other field technicians, customers, and project management to ensure all customer directives are met in a safe and timely manner. Assist project managers on labor and material budgeting for requested quotations along with being responsible for proper documentation of all field projects upon return from the field.
- Perform repair maintenance of ABEC and other equipment as directed.
- Fit and assemble components.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical system problems and issues.
- Verify all repaired items.
- Recommend improvements to customer accounts.
- Comply with all ABEC operating and safety procedures.
- Compliance with customer’s safety SOP’s. Conduct all operations in a safe manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance on ABEC and competitor equipment.
- Replace all required maintenance items.
- Test all components.
- Comply with all local safety requirements and procedures.
- Recommend changes to improve efficiency.
- Assist in manufacturing functions as required
- Assemble components on projects in accordance with ABEC policy.
- Support start up and equipment installation as required.
- Assist with training of new hires as necessary.
- Assist with training of field technicians to ensure they are ready for field work.